Window World of Memphis
How to Fix Broken Window Locks
Please review the scenarios listed below to correct your locking problem.
- Unable to lock the window.
Unlock the window completely. Push the upper sash upward, as far as it will move and pull the lower sash to the bottom of the window. Once both sashes are in their proper positions you will be able to engage the lock.
- The top sash has dropped from its pocket
Push the upper sash all the way to the top while at the same time pushing the lower sash down. NOTE: You may need an additional person to aid you. This should align and allow you to engage the window lock.
- The sashes are not aligned correctly in the channel
Tilt each sash in as if you are cleaning the windows. Push both sashes firmly back into the window channel. This should align the sash and allow the window to lock properly.
- Balance shoe is disengaged
If the balance shoe becomes disengaged from the sash, the window will not lock because it is misaligned. To correct this situation, please refer to the section on”Windows Dropping Down“.
- If the instructions listed above do not correct the problem, please call us for further assistance.
See other Repairs »